I discovered another nest of Monk Parakeets today as I was exploring along Guadalupe Street. This one was near 38th and Guadalupe. This is what I have learned so far about the parakeets.
- They are native of Argentina.
- They are bright green on top, dull gray on bottom, and have an orange bill.
- They like to build a stick nest that may be home to several pairs of birds.
- For some reason, they like to build nests on electric utility poles.
- They are very social and intelligent birds, and as pets, they can develop a pretty good vocabulary.