This is the reward at the end of the Lost Creek Trail. A beautiful double waterfall and a great swimming hole for those summer months.
This is actually a trick – there is no trail map for this hike. However, I found a pretty good set of directions at this link.
- You Google the Lost Creek Country Club and map out the directions
- Find a spot to park on Bend of the River Drive just before it crosses Barton Creek
- Look for the start of the trail just under the bridge
- Hike a short distance to the big flat rock in the middle of the Creek
- Quickly look for a convenient spot to ford Barton Creek
- Pick up the dirt trail on the other side
- Follow this sandy, tree covered trail for about a mile until you run into the waterfalls on Lost Creek
Campbell’s Hole has some pretty swimming spots and some nice sunny rocks to lay back on and enjoy the soothing sounds of the waterfalls. I’ll be back for a swim when Austin gets warmer.
Campbell’s Hole is about a mile hike from the parking lot at Barton Springs. Just follow the trail west into the setting sun. It is well marked and well travelled by hikers, dogs, and bikers.
After all the recent rains, I just knew the waterfall would be back in action. 🙂